Hall-effect technology Archives - EFI Automotive
This sensor provides speed key information necessary for the system to control gear changes in accordance with the objectives of the vehicle fuel consumption, performance, and comfort.
This sensor can be used in automatic or robotized transmission applications:
- ISS (Input Speed Sensor)
- TSS (Turbine Speed Sensor)
- OSS (Output Speed Sensor)
The partnership between a sensor specialist and a precision bearing expert provides you with state of the art measurement of the motor shaft angle, with perfect and flexible integration of the position sensing solution, all within your electric motor.
This sensor is used to measure a linear or rotary displacement in various applications.
For manual transmissions it is used for the clutch position on the master cylinder or the clutch release bearing. It can also be used at gearshift lever to detect all gears position.
For dual clutch gearboxes, it measures the position of the forks for ever more responsive, accurate and reliable gear changes.
For automatic transmissions, the position sensor provides information to the ECU about the gear lever (TRS).
For the electrically actuated transmissions, it detects the position of the gear selector.
This multi-purpose sensor can be used as position sensor for the instrumented intake manifolds or automatic transmissions actuator or cam position sensor in the variable lift cam engines.
With a properly designed magnetic circuit it can meet all the position detection needs.
- Absolute Rotary and Linear Position Sensor
- Programmable output transfer linearization functionality that provides high output accuracy and linearity
- Range selection and offset programming by EFI or customer
- Selectable output mode: Analog or PWM
- Open/short on-board diagnostics and voltage protections
- Temperature-stable, mechanical stress immune
- 12 bit resolution
- Wide ambient operating temperature range: –40°C to 150°C
- Sensor tested for vibrations over 1000Hz (36 parts during 99 hours) during DV
- Standard package for EFI Automotive worldwide process.
The brake pedal sensor is a major contributor to optimize regenerative braking for HEV, PHEV and EV passenger cars.
It provides precisely to the inverter, the range of brake pedal stroke where the regeneration could be maximized.
- High sealing feature:
- Fully over molded design.
- The sensor is designed on standard EFI sensing core technology, with flexible mechanical interface to get adapted to all pedal set.
- The sensing technology is fully contactless, with reduced rotational drag.
- The sensor embed spring feature to suppress any hysteresis at the beginning of the stroke.
- Mechanical interface is designed to maximize the accuracy.
- Additional feature:
- Flexible output protocol.
- Possible complementary output for high level of safety goals
(ASIL C Ready).
- Temperature range: -40° / 100°.
The vehicle level sensors used in different automotive control system:
- Headlight levelling control:
- this system guaranty that the vehicle doesn’t dazzle others users on the road.
- it also guaranty that the lighting range is always maintained.
- Active suspension control:
- comfort and safety: maintain chassis stability and vehicle height constant.
- safety and fun to drive: adapt suspension performances to road and drive conditions, and allow the driver select modes (sport, comfort).
- Load monitoring:
- for safety purpose the system monitor the vehicle load and balancing.
The sensor body is fixed on the chassis, and a rotational lever is attached on the wheel arm of the vehicle with a rod. This lever angle depends (and then the angle information provided by the sensor) on the angle of the wheel arm.
This neutral gear sensor provides one of the important input parameters for stop and start systems used on manual transmission powertrains.
Since the engine can only stop when the engine is declutched and the gear selection lever is in Neutral position, the Neutral Gear Sensor is essential to forward this information to the system.
For optimum accuracy, it is generally located in the transmission, close to the sub-system, that selects and engages the gears.
This sensor can provide more than just the Neutral Gear position. It can also provide the Reverse gear position for the back-up light switch, thereby reducing the number of sensors in the transmission.
- Twisted independent mounting
- Magnetic and ferrous targets
- Open collector output
- Outer tip diameter: 12mm
- Assembly bore: 15.4mm
- Total length: 45mm
- Full EMC compliance
- Temperature compensated